LAND ROVER ENHANCES THE NEW DISCOVERY SPORT WITH ADDED REFINEMENT AND VERSATILITY
- Transformed interior, bold new exteriors and new enabling technologies increase the appeal of the New Discovery Sport
- Elevating the bold exterior design, the New Discovery Sport, now includes the all-new premium LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights, rear LED lights and Animated Directional Indicators
- Elevated levels of craftsmanship augment the versatility quotient on the New Discovery Sport with its 5+2 seating and an advanced and responsive 26.08 cm (10.2) Touch Pro screen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Technology highlights include Clear Sight Interior Rear View Mirror as well as the Terrain Response 2 technology to automatically detect and adjust as per the surface being driven on, a 31.24 cm (12.3) Interactive Driver Display, wireless charging, 4G Wi-Fi hotspot and more
- Powered by BS-VI compliant Ingenium Powertrains, the New Discovery Sport is available with a choice of 2.0 l (litre) Turbocharged Petrol with a 48-volt mild hybrid system, producing 183 kW and 365 Nm of torque or a 2.0 l (litre) Turbocharged Diesel producing 132 kW and 430 Nm of torque
- Delivery of the diesel powered New Land Rover Discovery Sport has now begun, and is priced at ₹ 57.06 Lakh for the S derivative and ₹ 60.89 Lakh for the R-Dynamic SE trim. Start of deliveries of petrol powered Discovery Sport will be subsequent to start of diesel and will be announced separately
13th February 2020, Mumbai: Jaguar Land Rover India, today announced the launch of the New Model Year 2020 Discovery Sport - the more intuitive, practical and modern SUV. Available in the S & R-Dynamic SE derivatives, the New Discovery Sport is offered with BS-VI compliant 183 kW Ingenium Turbocharged Petrol powertrain and 132 kW Ingenium Turbocharged Diesel powertrain options.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said: The New Discovery Sport is a bold evolution of the original design, incorporating the latest in technological advancements. Fuelling the spirit of adventure, the vehicle consists of improved features that not only enhance the capability of the vehicle but also elevate the complete driving experience. It further strengthens the distinctive design and versatility that has made the Discovery Sport one of the leading models in the Land Rover portfolio.”
The well-proportioned body and purposeful stance of the Discovery Sport is enhanced with new premium LED headlights with Daytime Running Lights and rear LED lights. The desirability of the exterior design continues into the cabin. The refined interiors lend a sense of calm, as one enters the vehicle. The interior delivers elevated levels of comfort, enhanced stowage space and a new SportShift gear Selector crafted from premium materials which have been responsibly sourced. The bold horizontal and vertical lines coupled with the fixed panoramic roof, further enhance the engaging interiors.
TECHNOLOGY AND INFOTAINMENT
The new display screen and centre console transforms the interior of the Discovery Sport to create a practical, high quality space with added sophistication. The Cabin Air Ionization technology enhances the well-being of both the driver and passengers alike.
Advanced and responsive Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro™ infotainment, fitted standard, is available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. Furthermore, Smart Settings use artificial intelligence algorithms to learn driver preferences, adjusting massage and seat positions, music and climate settings and steering column positioning to suit each driver. Wireless charging for compatible mobile devices is also introduced for the first time within the lower center console, along with 4G Wi-Fi hotspot. Infotainment is taken a notch higher with Meridian™ Audio providing state-of-the-art entertainment. InControl Remote & Protect App allows you to interact with your Discovery Sport from anywhere. You can see your vehicle’s data remotely – from fuel level to door and window status, emergency call (eCall) and breakdown call (bCall) facility and more.
The ‘ClearSight Rear View Mirror’ is now available on the Discovery Sport, transforming the rear view mirror into an HD video screen at the touch of a button. It displays a rear-facing camera feed onto the mirror, ensuring the driver’s view remains unrestricted by passengers or large items in the back.
VERSATILITY AND CAPABILITY
Built on the new Land Rover Premium Transverse Architecture (PTA), the Discovery Sport provides greater capability. The Discovery Sport has All Wheel Drive and Hill Descent Control to make the hardest of drives seem effortless and with All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC), you can maintain a steady speed in the most challenging conditions. The ATPC works seamlessly alongside the standard Terrain Response 2, All Wheel Drive (AWD) traction and braking systems. Every All Wheel Drive Discovery Sport uses Torque Vectoring by Braking (TVBB) system which maximizes control and handling even through the tightest of corners. All this while retaining a class leading wading depth of 600 mm.
Further details on the New Land Rover Discovery Sport are available on the Land Rover India website www.landrover.in
Land Rover Product Portfolio in India
The Land Rover range in India includes the Discovery Sport (starting at ₹ 44.08 Lakh), Range Rover Evoque (starting at ₹ 54.94 Lakh), Discovery (starting at ₹ 75.60 Lakh), the Range Rover Velar (priced at ₹ 71.87 Lakh), Range Rover Sport (starting at ₹ 87.02 Lakh) and Range Rover (starting at ₹ 182.25 Lakh). All prices mentioned are ex-showroom prices in India.
Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Network in India
Jaguar Land Rover vehicles are available in India in 24 cities, through 27 authorized outlets in Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi ,Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Karnal, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mangalore, Mumbai , Noida, Pune, Raipur, Surat and Vijayawada.