INTRODUCING RANGE ROVER VELAR
- A new addition to the Range Rover family, filling the white space between the Range Rover Evoque and the Range Rover Sport
- Land Rover reaffirms its position as the world’s leading SUV brand
- From a bloodline like no other, Velar name is derived from the original Range Rover prototypes of 1969
- World premiere on 1 March 2017
Whitley, UK, 22 February 2017 – The luxury SUV was created in 1970 when Land Rover launched the original Range Rover. Almost half a century later that spirit of innovation continues with the introduction of the fourth member of the Range Rover family, to be unveiled on 1 March 2017.
Elegant simplicity, a visually reductive approach and pioneering consumer technology are the hallmarks of the new Range Rover Velar.
Land Rover Chief Design Officer, Gerry McGovern, said: “We call the Velar the avant garde Range Rover. It brings a new dimension of glamour, modernity and elegance to the brand. The Range Rover Velar changes everything.”
Refined for every occasion, for every terrain, Velar uses unique sustainable materials and advanced engineering to continue Land Rover’s drive to go Above and Beyond.
The origin of the Velar name (pronounced vel-ar) dates back to the first Range Rover prototypes of the Sixties: the pioneers of the luxury SUV landscape.
When development engineers needed to hide the true identity of the 26 pre-production Range Rovers, they chose the name Velar, derived from the Latin velare meaning to veil or cover.
Full details of the Range Rover Velar will be announced on 1 March 2017.
For further information log onto www.media.landrover.com or contact:
Ms. Ghazal Javed
Jaguar Land Rover India
Phone: +91 9920604494
Mr. Gaurav Prabhu
Rediffusion / Edelman India Private Limited
Phone: +91 7045457897
- Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true 'breadth of capability' across the model range. Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque each define the world's SUV sectors, with 80 per cent of this model range exported to over 170 countries.