TERMS OF ADVENTURE GENE GAME
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE ADVENTURE GENE TEST (“Game”), YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS.
- Although scientific theories based on the ‘adventure gene’ do exist, you acknowledge and accept that this Game and any outcome based on it is in no way a ‘real test’ of any scientific theory and is only intended for entertainment, marketing and promotional purposes.
- For the avoidance of doubt this is not a competition and no prize will be offered to any participant at any stage of the Game.
- All of the activities demonstrated in the Game were carried out by experienced professionals. No activity should be replicated without training and (where appropriate) supervision.
- All those under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult/guardian throughout their participation in the Game and use of the Game Site.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Terms of website use
Information about us
www.adventuregenetest.com is a site operated by Jaguar Land Rover Limited ("Jaguar Land Rover"). Jaguar Land Rover is registered in England and Wales under company number 1672070 and have our registered office at Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry, CV3 4LF.
Accessing our Site
Our Site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text without our consent.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged unless we have agreed otherwise.
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
All names, images, logos identifying us are proprietary marks of Jaguar Land Rover or its licensees as the case may be. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. We do not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
- iPod®, iPhone™ and iPod touch® are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. registered in the US and other countries.
- Dolby® is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories and any use of such marks by Jaguar Land Rover Limited is under license.
- DTS™ is a registered trademark of DTS Inc. and any use of such marks by Jaguar Land Rover Limited is under license.
- The Bluetooth® wordmark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG. Inc and any use of such marks by Jaguar Land Rover Limited is under license.
- Blackberry® is a trademark of Research In Motion Limited and is registered in the US and may be pending or registered in other countries.
- Audyssey MultEQ® is a registered trademark of Audyssey Laboratories, Inc and any use of such marks by Jaguar Land Rover Limited is under license.
- Bi-Xenon™ is the registered trademark of Hella KgaA Hueck & Co.
- WhiteFire® is a registered trademark of Unwired Technology LLC and any use of such marks by Jaguar Land Rover Limited is under license.
No reliance on information
We use our best efforts to ensure that the content or information on our Site is accurate, complete and up-to-date, but we appreciate that errors or omissions may from time to time occur.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'AS AVAILABLE' basis without representation, warranty, guarantee or endorsement, express or implied that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
While we take reasonable care in managing our Site, we do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We will also not be liable that we consider is out of our control.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Linking to our Site and third party rights
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, you must not however establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Other applicable terms
We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be not fully up to date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
Last updated December 2014